Psychology in Tamil Folk Songs
All Tamil literature is a gift given to us by our forefathers. All literature expresses the life values of the people. In this way, folk literature, which is unwritten literature, reflects human feelings. A man expresses his subconscious thoughts and beliefs through folk literature. In folk literature that includes folk songs, folk tales, fables, proverbs, etc., man expresses his life experiences from birth to death. Folk In literature, man expresses his life records from birth to death. In lullabies, events such as a mother's love for her child and making children realise the importance of relatives are important to human life. The way agriculture is expressed in special kummi songs, the subconscious impressions of man through faith in God, the subconscious impressions of man through themangu songs, the expression of male and female relationships through themangu songs, the characteristics of grooms who collect dowry from women through marriage, and indicate social disorders This review article is intended to reveal women lamenting the loss of their mothers in the metaphorical songs that express their characteristics at the end of human life, and women who have lost their husbands are marginalised in society due to their helpless condition.
- Tamil Songs,
- Folk Literature,
- Kummi Songs,
- Themangu Songs
- Alla Gunesakeran, K., (2009) Naatupura Nadangalum, Paadalgalum, New Century Book house, Chennai, India.
- Arivuduai Nambi, M.S., (2010) Tamiliga Naatupuraviyal Aaivukal, New Century Book house, Chennai, India.
- Arivuraj, (2008) Aamaipiyal Nokkil Naatupura Paadalgal, Paavai Publications, Chennai, India.
- Paavendhar Bharathidhasan, (2008) Sanjeevi Parvadathin Saaral, Paavai Publications, Chennai, India.
- Parimezlagar, (2012) Thirukkural Mulamum Uraiyum, Saratha Padhipagam, Chennai, India.
Vol. 3 No. 3 (2022): Volume 3, Issue 3, Year 2022
How to Cite
Copyrights & License
Copyright (c) 2022 Nivetha K, Sasirekha P, Bhuvaneshwari K, Raja M
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.