Synthesis and Structural, Optical Properties of Cadmium Doped Cobalt Oxide Nanoparticles
The nanostructure cadmium doped cobalt oxide nanoparticles were prepared by microwave irradiation techniques. The prepared nanoparticles were further characterized using Powder X-ray diffraction, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy and UV-Vis spectroscopy. The Powder X ray diffraction results shows good crystalline nature. The Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy conforms stretching and bending vibration of metal oxygen groups. UV-Vis spectroscopy results show absorption edges are 204 nm, 220nm prepared nanoparticles additionally optical parameter skin depth, extinction co-efficient, reflectance, refractive index is calculated.
- Functional groups,
- Optical properties
- Xiaohe Liu, Guangzhou Qiu, and Xingguo Li Shape controlled synthesis and properties of uniform spinel cobalt oxide nano cubes, Nanotechnology, 16 (2005) 3035-3040.
- L.M. Alrehaily, J.M. Joseph, M.C. Biesinger, D.A.Guzonas, J.C.Wren, Gamma-radiolysis–assisted cobalt oxide nano particle formation RSC Publishing, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 15 (2013) 1014-1024.
- F. Moro, S. V. Y. Tang, F. Tuna, E. Lester, Magnetic properties of cobalt oxide nanoparticles synthesised by a continuous hydrothermal method, Journal of magnetism and magnetic materials, 348 (2013) 1-7.
- S.G. Kandalkar, D.S. Dhawale, Chang-Koo Kim, C.D. Lokhande, Chemical synthesis cobalt oxide thin filim electrode for super capacitor application, Synthetic metals, 160 (2010) 1299-1302.
- S. R. Zhang, Z. B. Hu, K. Y. Liu, Y. Z. Liu, H. E. Fang, Q. L. Xie, Synthesis and characterization of porous cobalt oxide/copper oxide nanoplate as novel electrode material for supercapacitors, Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 25 (2015) 4054 - 4062.
- A. T. Khalil, M. Ovais, I. Ullah, M. Ali, Z. K. Shinwari, M. Maaza, Physical properties, biological applications and biocompatibility studies on biosynthesized single phase cobalt oxide (Co3O4) nanoparticles via Sageretia thea (Osbeck.), Arabian Journal of Chemistry, 13 (2020) 606-619.
- S. Chattopadhyay, S.P. Chakraborty, D. Latha, R. Baral, P. Pramanik, S. Roy, Surface modified cobalt oxide nano particles new opportunities for anti-cancer drug development, Cancer nanotechnology, 3 (2012) 13-23.
- A. Ashok, A. Kumar, R. R. Bhosale, F. Almomani, M. A. H. S. Saad, S. Suslov, F. Tarlochan, Influence of fuel ratio on the performance of combustion synthesized bifunctional cobalt oxide catalysts for fuel cell application, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 44 (2019) 436-445.
- C. Sun, X. Su, F. Xiao, C. Niu, J. Wang, Synthesis of nearly monodisperse Co3O4 nanocubes via a microwave-assisted solvothermal process and their gas sensing properties, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 157 (2011) 681-685.
- G. Patrinoiu, V. Etacheri, S. Somacescu, V. S. Teodorescu, R. Birjega, D. C. Culita, C. N, Hong, M. C. Morenoa, V.G.Pol, O. Carp, Spherical cobalt/cobalt oxide-Carbon composite anodes for enhanced lithium-ion storage, Electrochimica Acta, 264 (2018) 191-202.
- S. Gopinath, B. Karthikeyan, C. Ragupathi, K. Sivakumar, R. Sundaram, Structural, morphological, optical and magnetic properties of Co3O4 nanoparticles prepared by conventional method, Physica E: Low-Dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 81 (2016) 66-70.
- M. Durano, A.H. Tamboli, H. Kim, Cobalt oxide synthesized using urea precipitation method as catalyst for the hydrolysis of sodium borohydride, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 520 (2007) 355-360.
- S.M. Ansari, R.D. Bhor, K.R. Pai, D. Sen, S. Mazumder, Karthick Ghosh, Y.D. Kolekara, C.V. Ramana, Cobalt nano particles for biomedical applications: Facile synthesis, Physiochemical characterization, cytotoxicity behaviour and biocompatibility, Applied surface science, 414 (2017) 171-187.
- G.A. Santos, C.M. Santos, S.W. da Silva, E.A. Urquieta-González, P.P.C. Sartoratto, Sol–gel synthesis of silica–cobalt composites by employing Co3O4 colloidal dispersions, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 395 (2012) 217-224.
- G. Wang, X. Shen, J. Horvat, B. Wang, H. Liu, D. Wexler, J. Yao, Hydrothermal synthesis and optical, magnetic, and supercapacitance properties of nanoporous cobalt oxide nanorods, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 113 (2009) 4357-4361.
- S.K. Meher, G.R. Rao, Ultralayered Co3O4 for high-performance super capacitor applications, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 115 (2011) 15646-15654.
- J. Mu, L. Zhang, G. Zhao, Y. Wang, The crystal plane effect on the peroxidase-like catalytic properties of Co 3 O 4 nanomaterials, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 16 (2014) 15709-15716.
- G. Allaedini, A. Muhammad, (2013) Study of influential factors in synthesis and characterization of cobalt oxide nanoparticles, Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry, 3 (2013) 1-16.
- S. Deng, X. Xiao, G. Chen, L. Wang, Y. Wang, Cd doped porous Co3O4 nanosheets as electrode material for high performance supercapacitor application, Electrochimica Acta, 196 (2016) 316-327.
- R. Sathyamoorthy, P. Sudhagar, A. Balerna, C. Balasubramanian, S. Bellucci, A. I Popov, K. Asokan, Surfactant-assisted synthesis of Cd1− xCoxS nanocluster alloys and their structural, optical and magnetic properties, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 493 (2010) 40-245.
- A.K Singh, U.T. Nakate, Microwave synthesis, characterization, and photoluminescence properties of nanocrystalline zirconia, The Scientific World Journal, 2014 (2014) 1-8.
- V. chikan, E.J. McLaurin, Rapid nanoparticle synthesis by magnetic and microwave heating, Nanomaterials, 6 (2016) 1-9.
- T. Kim, G. Jung, S.Yoo, K. S. Suh, R.S. Ruoff, (2013) Activated graphene-based carbons as supercapacitor electrodes with macro-and mesopores, ACS nano, 7 (2013) 6899-6905.
- P. Nagaraju, A. Alsalme, A. Alswieleh, R. Jayavel, Facile in-situ microwave irradiation synthesis of TiO2/graphene nanocomposite for high-performance supercapacitor applications, Journal of electro analytical chemistry, 808 (2018) 90-100.
- S. Vijayakumar, A.K. Ponnalagi, S. Nagamuthu, G. Muralidharan, Microwave assisted synthesis of Co3O4 nanoparticles for high-performance supercapacitors, Electrochimica Acta, 106 (2013) 500-505.
- A. Lakehal, B. Bedhiaf, A. Bouaza, B. Hadj, A. Ammari, C. Dalache, Structural, optical and electrical properties of Ni-doped Co3O4 prepared via Sol-Gel technique, Materials Research, 21 (2018).
- S. Satheeshkumar, V. Jeevantham, D. Tamilselvi, Effect of Cu-doping on the structural and optical properties of ZnO nano crystallites prepared by co precipitation method, journal of ovonic research, 14 (2018) 9-15.
- S. Farhadi, J. Safabakhsh, P. Zaringhadam, (2013) Synthesis, characterization, and investigation of optical and magnetic properties of cobalt oxide (Co 3 O 4) nanoparticles, Journal of Nanostructure in Chemistry, 3 (2013) 1-9.