Quadcopter Theoretical Weight Estimation and Comparison during Design Phase
Weight estimation of materials from their characteristic density has a great advantage on analyzing the basic weight parameter put at initial stage of the project. During the detail design stage, each component is designed with basic dimensions and material selection. The selected weight will be verified with other materials such as steel, aluminum and composites. The total weight of the Quadcopter when made of steel, aluminum and composites are compared with the reference value of parameter, total component weight and then the bets material will be recommended for the Quadcopter airframe. The composite materials are found to be light and strong when compared to steel and aluminum frames. If we use this material the Quadcopter will have more flight time for spraying.
- Crego Ruiz, Raúl, (2022) Design of Quadcopter, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Vilnius.
- S. Reddy, D.P. Biradar, B.L. Desai, V.C. Patil, P. Patil, V. B. Naragund, V. Desai, W. John, S. M. Channangi, V. Tulasigeri, (2018) Prototype Unmanned Aerial Sprayer for Plant Protection in Agricultural and Horticultural Crops, 14th International Conference on Precision Agriculture, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1-14.
- R.A. Herrero, (2012) Drone design, Dumlupinar University, Kütahya, Turkey.
- S. Sharma, A. Srivastava, Design and Analysis of Drone, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 8 (2021) 3561-3566.
- Shraddha, S.R. Shetty, K. Varsha, Veenashree, Sachin Bhat, ARECA-COPT: Pesticide Sprayer Quad Copter, International Journal of Innovative Research in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, 5 (2017) 325-330.
- R. Ilakiya, M. Prabavathy, K. Sagadevan, Design of UAV for urea spraying in agricultural field, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 5 (2018) 3660-3664.
- Charaf Bennani Karim, Pr. Rachid Lghoul, (2020) The Design and Development of a General-purpose Drone, School of Science and Engineering, Al Akhawayn University, Ifrane, Morocco.
- S. S. Rattan, (2011) Strength of Materials, Tata McGraw Hill, New York, United States.
- M. F. Yu, O. Lourie, M.J. Dyer, K. Moloni, T.F. Kelly, R.S. Ruoff, Strength and Breaking Mechanism of Multiwalled Carbon Nanotubes Under Tensile Load, Science, 287 (2000) 637-640.
- D. Feldman, (1989) Polymeric Building Materials, Elsevier Applied Science, 575.
- Stefan Tasevski, (2018) Simulating Mechanical Stress on a Micro UAV Body Frame, Drone Below.
- TORAY, 2022, Innovative by chemistry, Carbon Fiber Composite Materials,
- M. H. Keegan, D. H. Nash and M. M. Stack, Modeling Rain Drop Impact of Offshore Wind Turbine Blades, Proceedings of the Turbo Expo: Power for Land, Sea and Air, GT2012-69175 (2012) 887-898.
- Barry Dupen, (2016) Applied Strength of Materials for Engineering Technology, Manufacturing and Construction Engineering Technology Faculty Publications, Indiana University – Purdue University Fort Wayne.
- J. W. Martin, (2016) Materials for engineering (Third edition), Wood Head Publishing Limited, Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Efa Suriani, A Study of the Physical-Mechanical Properties of Bamboo in Indonesia, (2020) 154-162.
- D. Gandy, (2007) Carbon Steel Handbook, Report, EPRI Electric Power Research Institute, Palo Alto, California.
- Standard weights & gauges of steel, Farwest Steel Corporation, (2019) United States.
- J.R. Davis, (2001) Light Metals and Alloys, ASM Technical Books.
- E. Ghali, (2011) Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, Department of Mining and Metallurgy, Laval University, Quebec, Canada, 677-690.
- Sujit Das, Josh Warren, Devin West, (2016) Global Carbon Fiber Composites Supply Chain Competitiveness Analysis, Energy and Transportation Science Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.