The Role of Reagents on Microstructural and Morphological Investagation of Surfactant based Synthesis of CdO Nanorods
Cadmium oxide nanostructures were prepared utilising a noval microwave irradiated wet chemical technique with sodium dodecyl benzene sulphonate as the surfactant and two distinct co-reagents (NH3 and NaOH). XRD, and FTIR were used to examine the microstructural properties of synthesised and heat-treated (300°C) CdO nanostructures. As prepared and annealed smaples, the fluctuation of crystallite size and morphology of CdO nanostructures with different co-reagents was investigated. The average crystallite size of the samples was 11.4 to 17.8 nm for the NH3 reagent and 9.7 to 16.8 nm for the NaOH reagent.
- Wet Chemical synthesis,
- Cadmium oxide nanostructures,
- Microstructural analysis
- M. Nasrullah, F. Zareen Gul, S. Hanif, A. Mannan, S. Naz, J.S. Ali, M. Zia, Green and Chemical Syntheses of CdO NPs: A Comparative Study for Yield Attributes, Biological Characteristics, and Toxicity Concerns, ACS Omega, 5 (2020) 5739−5747.
- W. Dong, C. Zhu, Optical Properties of Surface-Modified CdO Nanoparticles, Optical Materials, 22 (2003) 227–233.
- M.Thambidurai, C. Dang, Structural, Morphological and Optical Properties of CdO Nanostructures Synthesized By Chemical Bath Deposition Method, Materials Letters, 221 (2018) 244-247.
- T.Prakash, A.Bonavita, G.Neri, E. Ranjith Kumar, Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of Cd(OH)2/CdO Nanorods: Effect of Irradiation Time, Superlattices and Microstructures, 90 (2016) 117–123.
- S.Ashoka, P.Chithaiah,G.T.Chandrappa, Studies on the Synthesis of CdCO3 Nanowires and Porous CdO Powder, Materials Letters, 64 (2010) 173-176.
- Z.Jia,Y.Tang, I.Luo, B.Li, Shape-Controlled Synthesis of Single-Crystalline CdCO3 and Corresponding Porous CdO Nanostructures, Crystal Growth & Design, 8 (2008) 2116-2120.
- T. Prakash, G. Neri, E.Ranjith Kumar, A Comparative Study of the Synthesis of CdO Nanoplatelets by an Albumen-Assisted Isothermal Evaporation Method, Journal of Alloys and Compounds,624 (2015) 258-265.
- A. Gulino, P. Dapporto, P. Rossi, I. Fragala, A Liquid MOCVD Precursor for Thin Films of CdO, Chemistry of Materials,14 (2002) 1441–1444.
- M.D. Uplane, P.N. Kshirsagar, B.J. Lokhande, C.H. Bhosale, Characteristic Analysis of Spray Deposited Cadmium Oxide Thin Films, Materials Chemistry and Physics, 64 (2000) 75–78.
- D. SathyaRaj, T. Krishnakumar, R. Jayaprakash, T. Prakash, G. Leonardi,G. Neri, CO Sensing Characteristics of Hexagonal-Shaped CdO Nanostructures Prepared by Microwave Irradiation, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 171–172 (2012) 853–859.