Chemically Synthesized ZnO Nanostructure: Effect of Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) Surfactants
ZnO nano-particles is synthesized using hydrated zinc chloride (ZnCl2.2H2O) as main raw components. It is calcined at different temperatures (i.e., 200 ⁰C, 400 ºC, 600 ⁰C and 800 ⁰C). Synthesized ZnO is characterized by XRD, SEM/EDS, HRTEM, UV Visible, and Band Gap. XRD result showed pure wurtzite-structure and is crystalline nature. Both XRD results and SAED obtained from pattern HRTEM studies are indicated similar information of the ZnO nanomaterials. Both FESEM and HRTEM techniques are used to observe surface morphology of ZnO nanomaterials. Such analyses are directed to the thermo-chemical reaction of prepared nanostructures. FESEM analysis showed different nano-sized structures of synthesized ZnO. Different nanostructures of ZnO are found in HRTEM images. EDS results of synthesized ZnO is showed to find Zn and oxygen elements. UV Visible and band gap are indicated.
- A.K. Sood, Z.L. Wang, D.L. Polla, N.K. Dhar, T. Manzur, A.F.M. Anwar, ZnO Nanostructures for Optoelectronic Applications, Optoelectronic Devices and Properties, 9 (2011) 173-196.
- R.K. Pandey, J. Dutta, S. Brahma, B. Rao, C.P. Liu, Review on ZnO-based Piezotronics and Piezoelectric nano Generators: Aspects of Piezopotential and Screening Effect, Journal of Physics: Materials, 4 (2021) 1-37.
- M.A. Franco, P.P. Conti, R.S. Andre, D.S. Correa, A review on Chemiresistive ZnO Gas Sensor, Sensors and Actuators Reports, 4 (2022) 100100.
- O.D. Máynez-Navarro, J.L. Sánchez-Salas, Focus on Zinc Oxide as a Photocatalytic Material for Water Treatment-Review article, International Journal of Bioremediation & Biodegradation, 2017 (2018) 1-10.
- A. Wibowo, M.A. Marsudi, M.I. Amal, M.B. Ananda, R. Stephanie, H. Ardy, L.J. Diguna, ZnO Nanostructured Materials for Emerging Solar Cell Applications, RSC Advances, 10 (2020) 42838-42859.
- Pandey, M. Shafeeq, M.D. Muchhal, D.P. Mondal, Chapter 7 - Doped zinc oxide nanoceramics for the enhancement of optoelectronic properties, Advanced Ceramics for Versatile Interdisciplinary Applications, (2022) 147-165.
- Michał A. Borysiewicz, ZnO as a Functional Material a Review, Crystals, 9 (2019) 505.
- O.O. Apeh, U.K. Chime, S. Agbo, S. Ezugwu, R. Taziwa, E. Meyer, P. Sutta, M. Maaza, F. I Ezema, Properties of Nanostructured ZnO Thin Films Synthesized using a Modified Aqueous Chemical Growth Method, Materials Research Express, 6 (2019) 056406.
- H.-S. Choi, V. Mohammad, S.G. Kim, Y.-H. Im, Y.-B. Hahn, Growth of High Aspect Ratio ZnO Nanorods by Solution Process: Effect of polyethyleneimine, Journal of Solid-State Chemistry, 189 (2012) 25-31.
- C.-Y. Lee, Y.-T Haung, W.-F. Su, C.-F. Lin, Electroluminescence from ZnO Nanoparticles/Organic Nanocomposites, Applied Physics Letters, 89 (2006) 231116-3.
- Y.-Z. Zheng, X. Tao, L.-X. Wang, H. Xu, Q. Hou, W.-L. Zhou, J.-F Chen, Novel ZnO-Based Film with Double Light-Scattering Layers as Photoelectrodes for Enhanced Efficiency in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells, Chemistry of Materials, 22 (2010) 928–934.
- J. Mou, W. Zhang, J. Fan, W. Chen, Facile Synthesis of ZnO Nanobullets/Nanoflakes and their Applications to Dye-sensitized Solar Cells, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509 (2011) 961-965.
- Z. Wu, X.C. Liu, J.C.A. Huang, Room temperature ferromagnetism in Tb doped ZnO nanocrystalline films, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 324 (2012) 642-644.
- S. Hajiashrafi, N.M. Kazemi, Preparation and evaluation of ZnO nanoparticles by thermal decomposition of MOF-5, Heliyon, 5 (2019) e02152.
- N.B. Mahmood, F.R. Saeed, K.R. Gbashi, U.-S. Mahmood, Synthesis and Characterization of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles via Oxalate Co-precipitation Method, Materials Letters: X, 13 (2022) 100126-11.
- T.K. Pathak, H.C. Swart, (2019) Structural and Luminescence Properties of ZnONanoparticles Synthesized by Mixture of Fuel Approachin Solution Combustion Method, Zinc Oxide Based Nano Materials and Devices.
- J.N. Hasnidawani, H.N. Azlina, H. Norita, N.N. Bonnia, S. Ratim, E.S. Ali, Synthesis of ZnO Nanostructures Using Sol-Gel Method, Procedia Chemistry, 19 (2016) 211-216.
- G. Primc, K. Brencic, M. Mozetic, M. Gorjanc, Review Recent Advances in the Plasma-Assisted Synthesis of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles, Nanomaterials, 11 (2021) 1191.
- M.F. Melendrez, F. Solis-Pomarb, C.D. Gutierrez-Lazosb, P. Floresc, A.F. Jaramilloa, A. Fundorad, E. Pérez-Tijerinab, A New Synthesis Route of Zno Nanonails via Microwave Plasma-Assisted Chemical Vapor Deposition, Ceramics International, 42 (2016) 1160-1168.
- M. Mazhdi, J. Saydi, M. Karimi, F. Mazhdi, A Study on Optical, Photoluminescence and Thermoluminescence Properties of ZnO and Mn doped-Zno Nanocrystalline Particles, Optik, 124 (2013) 4128-4133.
- M.K. Panigrahi, N. Badapanda, M.C. Adhikary, Structural Investigation of ZnO Nanocapsule using ZnCl2 as precursor and PEG 2000 as Surfactant by chemical method, International Journal of Advanced Chemical Science and Applications (IJACSA), 2 (2014) 56-61.
- N.F. Hamedani, F. Farzaneh, Synthesis of ZnO Nanocrystals with Hexagonal (Wurtzite) Structure in Water Using Microwave Irradiation, Journal of Sciences, Islamic Republic of Iran, 17 (2006) 231-234.
- L. Guo, Y.L. Ji, H. Xu, P. Simon, Z. Wu, Regularly Shaped, Single-Crystalline ZnO Nanorods with Wurtzite Structure, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 124 (2002) 14864-14865.
- N.M. Shamhari, B.S. Wee, S.F. Chin, K.Y. Kok, Synthesis and Characterization of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles with Small Particle Size Distribution, Acta Chimica Slovenica, 65 (2018) 578-585.
- M. Pudukudy, Z. Yaakob, Facile Synthesis of Quasi Spherical ZnO Nanoparticles with Excellent Photocatalytic Activity, Journal of Cluster Science, 25 (2014) 1-17.