Computation of Groundwater Quality of Baramati with the help of Fuzzy Water Quality Index (FWQI)
One of the natural resources having the latent for home, agrarian, and engineering use is surface and groundwater. Due to humanoid and certain natural reasons, the eminence of the groundwater serving Baramati City and Tehsil has deteriorated. Agriculture is using more pesticides and fertilizer, therefore this supply is being affected. Municipal water pollution can be caused by “septic boilers”, “bathe sewage”, “polluted aquatic”, “improper discarded management”, “public excretion”, “improper waste structure”, “public sewage discharges”, and “unorganized solid waste disposal”. The current study will improve the accuracy of the water quality index for areas in Baramati Tehsil that are affected by industry and drinking water supplies. The groundwater zones were created using a weighted index overlay analysis, which assigned weights based on several classes of individual water quality metrics and drinking water standards. Based on few observations, fuzzy logic offers an effective and practical tool for categorizing drinking water quality. This study's objective is to provide a fuzzy logic-based water quality indicator for basin-wide reservoirs. For a weight-based fuzzy quality index, a minimum of 6 physico-chemicals are needed.
- Fuzzy Water Quality Index (FWQI),
- Fuzzy Logic,
- Water Treatment
- M. Jalali, Geochemistry characterization of groundwater in an agricultural area of Razan, Hamadan, Iran. Environmental Geology, 56 (2009) 1479–1488. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-008-1245-9
- Jimenez-Madrid, R. Gogu, C. Martinez-Navarrete, F. Carrasco, Groundwater for human consumption in karst environment: vulnerability, protection, and management. Karst Water Environment. Springer, 68 (2019) 45–63. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-77368-1_2
- Y. Ostovari, Z. Sh, H. Harchegani, K. Asgari, Effects of geological formation on groundwater quality in Lordegan Region, Chahar-mahal-va-Bakhtiyari, Iran. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences. 5 (2013) 1983–1992.
- S.R. Naganna, B.H. Beyaztas, N. Bokde, A.M Armanuos, On the Evaluation of the Gradient Tree Boosting Model for Groundwater Level Forecasting. Knowledge-Based Engineering and Sciences, 1 (2020) 48–57. https://doi.org/10.51526/kbes.2020.1.01.48-57
- D. Machiwal, M.K. Jha, V.P. Singh, C. Mohan, Assessment and mapping of groundwater vulnerability to pollution: Current status and challenges. Earth-Science Reviews, 185 (2018) 901–927. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.earscirev.2018.08.009
- K.K. Yadav, S. Kumar, Q.B. Pham, N. Gupta, S. Rezania, H. Kamyab, Shalini Yadav, Jan Vymazal, Vinit Kumar, Doan Quang Tri, Amirreza Talaiekhozani, Shiv Prasad, Lisa M. Reece, Neeraja Singh, Pradip Kumar Maurya, Jinwoo Cho, Fluoride contamination, health problems and remediation methods in Asian groundwater: A comprehensive review. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety, 182 (2019) 109362. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoenv.2019.06.045
- P. Paithane, S.J. Wagh, S. Kakarwal, Optimization of route distance using k-NN algorithm for on-demand food delivery. System research and information technologies, 1 (2023) 85-101. https://doi.org/10.20535/SRIT.2308-8893.2023.1.07
- T. Subramani, L. Elango, S.R. Damodarasamy. Groundwater quality and its suitability for drinking and agricultural use in Chithar River Basin, Tamil Nadu, India. Environmental Geology. 47 (2005) 1099-1110. https://doi.org/10.20535/SRIT.2308-8893.2023.1.07
- K. Kalhor, R. Ghasemizadeh, L. Rajic, A. Alshawabkeh, Assessment of groundwater quality and remediation in karst aquifers: A review. Groundwater for sustainable Development. 8 (2019) 104–121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gsd.2018.10.004
- P.M. Paithane, (2022) Yoga Posture Detection Using Machine Learning. Artificial Intelligence in Information and Communication Technologies, Healthcare and Education A Roadmap Ahead, 27.
- M.I. Yesilnacar, E. Sahinkaya, Artificial neural network prediction of sulfate and SAR in an unconfined aquifer in southeastern Turkey. Environmental Earth Sciences. 67 (2012) 1111–1119. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781003342755-4
- S.Q. Salih, I. Alakili, U. Beyaztas, S. Shahid, Z.M. Yaseen. Prediction of dissolved oxygen, biochemical oxygen demand, and chemical oxygen demand using hydrometeorological variables: case study of Selangor River, Malaysia. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 23 (2020) 8027–8046. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10668-020-00927-3
- M.I. Yesilnacar, E. Sahinkaya, M. Naz, B. Ozkaya, Neural network prediction of nitrate in groundwater of Harran Plain, Turkey. Environmental Geology. 56 (2008) 19–25. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00254-007-1136-5
- S. Vijay, K. Kamaraj, Prediction of Water Quality Index in Drinking Water Distribution System Using Activation Functions Based Ann. Water Resources Management, 35 (2021) 535–553. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11269-020-02729-8
- S. Kakarwal, P. Paithane, Automatic pancreas segmentation using ResNet-18 deep learning approach. System research and information technologies, 2 (2022) 104-116. https://doi.org/10.20535/SRIT.2308-8893.2022.2.08
- P.M. Paithane, S.N. Kakarwal, Automatic Pancreas Segmentation using A Novel Modified Semantic Deep Learning Bottom-Up Approach. International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications in Engineering, 10 (2022) 98-104. https://doi.org/10.18201/ijisae.2022.272
- IS 10500, (1991) Drinking Water Standard, New Delhi. https://law.resource.org/pub/in/bis/S06/is.10500.1991.pdf
- P.M. Paithane, S.J. Wagh, Automatic Quality Control Scrutiny of Sugar Crystal using K-Means Clustering Algorithm Image Processing. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), 09 (2022) 524-529.
- Yilmaz, Fuzzy evaluation of water quality classification. Ecological Indicators, 7 (2007) 710-718. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2006.08.002
- P.M. Paithane, S.N. Kakarwal, D.V. Kurmude, Automatic Seeded Region Growing with Level Set Technique Used for Segmentation of Pancreas. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Soft Computing and Pattern Recognition (SoCPaR 2020). SoCPaR 2020. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, 1383 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-73689-7_36
- P.M. Paithane, S.N. Kakarwal, D.V. Kurmude, Top-down method used for pancreas segmentation. International Journal Innovation Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), 9 (2020) 1790–1793. http://doi.org/10.35940/ijitee.B7422.019320
- W. Silvert, Fuzzy indices of environmental conditions. Ecological modeling, 130 (2000) 111-119.
- S.M. Lion, S.L. Lo, C.Y. Hu, Application of two stage Fuzzy set theory to river quality evaluation in Taiwan. Water Research, 37 (2003) 1406-1416. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1354(02)00479-7
- R.P. Dhok, Water Quality Index of Groundwater of Karha River Basin Area, Baramati India. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovation Research (JETIR), 7 (2020) 280-289.
- M.D. Amar, M.P. Goraksh, Calculation of Water Quality Rating (Qi) and Unit Weight (Wi) of Individual Parameters for the Analysis of Water Quality Index (Wqi) of Bhima River in Pune District of Maharashtra. Eco Chronicle, 14 (2019) 73-80.
- P. Paithane, S. Kakarwal, LMNS-Net: Lightweight Multiscale Novel Semantic-Net deep learning approach used for automatic pancreas image segmentation in CT scan images. Expert Systems with Applications, (2023) 121064. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2023.121064
- S.J. Wagh, P.M. Paithane, S.N. Patil, (2021) Applications of Fuzzy Logic in Assessment of Groundwater Quality Index from Jafrabad Taluka of Marathawada Region of Maharashtra State: A GIS Based Approach. In International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems Cham: Springer International Publishing, 354-364.
- Pradip Paithane, Random Forest Algorithm Use for Crop Recommendation. Journal of Engineering and Technology for Industrial Applications, 9 (2023) 34-41.