This research paper investigates the factors that affect student’s interpersonal communication skills in English language and literature regular students at Kabridahar University. It focused on English Language and Literature regular students in Kabridahar University. The objective of the study was to investigate the major factors that affect student’s interpersonal communication. The researcher collected data from the students by using Questionnaire, Interview and observation in order to get an appropriate finding. The researcher used both qualitative and quantitative methods of data analysis. The study shows that, the students have interest to communicate and interact with each other. But, some of barriers like mother tongue influence and variety of language affect their interpersonal communication as well as their relationship. Also, factors like weak relationship to others, lack of interest, inexperience, lack of practice and gender issues are the major barriers which affected student’s interpersonal communication.
KeywordsInterpersonal Communication Nonverbal messages Education
- Ahmed U.S. (1990). Human and Hussanuddin: New York University press.
- Ambrosia J (2012). The value of interpersonal communication in a digital work or place: Belong at word press.
- Bryant D.C. and K.R. (1979). Fundamental theory. Epistemological foundations: Guild ford presspress
- Devi to G (2014). Scholar professor Emeritus of Hunter College, member of the www.resscommru/....../Vito- eng.shtml.
- Ellis D (1994). Small group discussion making.Grew. Hill
- Griffin K and Patton B (1971). Fundamental of interpersonal communication. New York: Harper and Row.
- Joseph E (2000). Identify social exchange.Translation publishersSBN978-1-4128-2580-1.
- Knapp M (1984). Interpersonal communication and human relationship. Boston: Allah and Bacon.
- Purwanto J (2006). Business communication. PERTI TEAM: ER, Language press.
- Richards J (2006). Communicate Language teaching today. New York: Cambridge University press.