Investigation of Structural, Morphological, Resistivity of Novel Electrical Insulator: Industrial Wastes
In the present study, the effect of china clays on the sintering, strength and dielectric behavior of electrical ceramic fly ash/china clay (FA/CC) composite insulator is investigated. The different composition of samples containing different china clay (CC) contents of 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 % are prepared using the uniaxial pressure technique applying 10 MPa pressure. At 1200 °C, for the composition having 40 wt% china clays, the maximum resistivity is calculated and is 39.5 × 107 Ωm. The composite is highly competence with china clays-based insulators. Further, the prepared composite is also analysed using different characterization technique such as x-ray diffraction, field emission scanning electron microscopy with energy dispersive analysis, fourier transformation infra-red spectroscopy, dielctric, and thermo gravimetric analysis. Frequency dielectric value of the composite is estimated at room temperature in the frequency range of 1-500 kHz at room temperature. According to the resistivity and dielectric properties, the composite has enormous potential for the electrical insulator application.
- N.S. Pandian, C. Rajasekhar, A. Sridharan, Studies of the Specific Gravity of Some Indian Coal Ashes, Journal of testing and evaluation, 26 (1998) 177-186.
- N.S. Pandian, Fly ash characterization with reference to geotechnical applications. Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, 84 (2004) 189-216.
- M. Ahmaruzzaman, A review on the utilization of fly ash, Progress in energy and combustion science, 36 (2010) 327-363.
- L. Wang, G. Hu, F. Lyu, T. Yue, H. Tang, H. Han, Y. Yang, R. Liu, W. Sun, Application of red mud in wastewater treatment. Minerals, 9 (2019) 1-22.
- S. Sushil, V.S. Batra, Catalytic applications of red mud, an aluminium industry waste: A review, Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 81 (2008) 64-77.
- C.L. Goldsmith, A. Malczcwski, J.J. Yao, S. Chen, J. Ehmk, D.H. Hinzel, RFMEMS-Based Tunable Filters, International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, 9 (1999) 362.
- G. Subramanyam, F.V. Keuls and F. A. Miranda, Novel K-band Tunable Microstrip v-band Pass Filter using Thin Film HTS/Ferroelectric/Dielectric Multilayer Configuration, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium sponsored by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 8 (1998) 1-8.
- A. Tombak, J.P. Maria, F.T. Ayguavives, Z. Jin, G.T. Stauf, A.I. Kingon, A. Mortazawi, Voltage-controlled RF filters employing thin-film barium-strontium-titanate tunable capacitors, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, 51 (2003) 462-467.
- J. Nath, D. Ghosh, J.P. Maria, A.I. Kingon, W. Fathelbab, D. Paul, F.Z. Michael, B. Steer, An electronically tunable microstrip bandpass filter using thin-film Barium-Strontium-Titanate (BST) varactors, IEEE transactions on microwave theory and techniques, 53 (2005) 2707-2712.
- L.Y.V. Chen, R. Forse, D. Chase, R.A. York, Analog tunable matching network using integrated thin-film BST capacitors, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest (IEEE Cat. No.04CH37535), 1 (2004) 261-264.
- F.H. Wee1, F. Malek, S. Sreekantan, A.U. Al-Amani, F. Ghani1, K.Y. You, Investigation of the characteristics of barium strontium titanate (BST) dielectric resonator ceramic loaded on array antennas, Progress in Electromagnetics Research, 121 (2011) 181-213.
- M.K. Panigrahi, P. Kumar, B. Barik, D. Behera, S.K. Mohapatra, H. Jha, (2016) Frequency Dependency of Developed Dielectric Material from Fly Ash: An Industrial Waste, In. 20th National Conference on Nonferrous Minerals and Metals, 8-9th July 2016; Eds. Rakesh Kumar, K.K.Sahu & Abhilash, 143.
- T.R. Naik, R. Kumar, B.W. Ramme, R.N. Kraus, Effect of High-Carbon Fly Ash on the Electrical Resistivity of Fly Ash Concrete Containing Carbon Fibers, 2nd In Proceedings of the Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies, 3 (2010) 1875-1886
- Y.V. Khedekar, R.N. Singru, Electrical Conductivity and Thermogravimetric Analysis of Polypyrrole: A Conducting Polymer Composite of Fly Ash, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology, 29 (2020) 3078.
- R Dewi1, H Agusnar, Z Alfian, Tamrin, Characterization of Technical Kaolin using XRF, SEM, XRD, FTIR and its Potentials as Industrial Raw Materials, In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, IOP Publishing, 1116 (2018) 1-7.
- B.J. Saikia, G.K Rao, P. Sarathy, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopic Characterization of Kaolinite from Assam and Meghalaya, North Eastern India, International Journal of Modern Physics, 1 (2010) 206-210.
- R.P. dos Santos, J. Martins, C. Gadelha, B. Cavada, A.V. Albertini, F. Arruda, M. Vasconcelos, E. Teixeira, F. Alves, J.L. Filho, V. Freire, Coal Fly Ash Ceramics: Preparation, Characterization, and Use in the Hydrolysis of Sucrose, Scientific World Journal, 2014 (2014) 1-8.
- H. Wang, C. Li, Z. Peng, S. Zhang, Characterization and thermal behavior of kaolin, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 105 (2011) 157-160.
- D.L.Y. Kong, J.G. Sanjayan, Effect of Elevated Temperatures on Geopolymer Paste, Mortar and Concrete, Cement and concrete research, 40 (2010) 334-339.
- P. Barber, S. Balasubramanian, Y. Anguchamy, S. Gong, A. Wibowo, H. Gao, H.J. Ploehn, H.-C. Zur Loye, Review Polymer Composite and Nanocomposite Dielectric Materials for Pulse Power Energy Storage, Materials, 2 (2009) 1697-1733.
- N. Singh Mehta, P.K. Sahu, P. Tripathi, R.P. Manas, R. Majhi, Influence of alumina and silica addition on the physico-mechanical and dielectric behavior of ceramic porcelain insulator at high sintering temperature, Boletín de la sociedad española de cerámica y vidrio, 57 (2018) 151-159.
- Y. Lv, M. Rafiq, C. Li, B. Shan, Study of dielectric breakdown performance of transformer oil based magnetic nanofluids, Energies, 10 (2017) 1-21.
- K. Belhouchet, A. Bayadi, H. Belhouchet, M. Romero, Improvement of Mechanical and Dielectric Properties of Porcelain Insulators using Economic Raw Materials, Boletín de la Sociedad Española de Cerámica y Vidrio, 58 (2019) 28-37.