Implication of Ethics in Supply Chain Function
This research study examines the importance of ethics in supply chain management functions. The data sample consisted of 30 respondents collected using a questionnaire administered randomly to firms’ employees or representatives. Results show, there is no strong and sufficient evidence to infer the existence of unethical behaviours and the significance of ethics in a supply chain function within the players or parties in a supply chain relationship. Thus, this study recommends that parties in a supply chain relationship should act ethically right for long lasting relationship within the supply chain functions in firms or companies. Essentially all businesses to including banking and non-banking firms have needs that require the use of supply chains. have responsibilities that require the use of supply chains. Therefore, the outcome of this study is useful applicable to all sorts of business entities.
- Amaeshi, K.M., Osuji O.K., Nnodim, P., (2008), Corporate social responsibility in supply chains of global brands: A boundaryless responsibility? Clarifications, exceptions and implications, Journal of Business Ethics, 81(1), 223-234. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-007-9490-5
- Amemba, C.S., Nyaboke, P.G., Osoro A., Mburu, N., (2013), Challenges affecting public procurement performance process in Kenya, International Journal of Research in Management, 3(4), 41-55.
- Anggay, A., Hamiche, M., (2021) Social compliance of enterprises in developing countries between requirements and practices (audit of labour health and security conditions: case of Morocco). African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, 8(3) 239-256. https://doi.org/10.1504/AJESD.2021.116638
- Auroi, C., (2003), Improving sustainable chain management through fair trade, Greener Management International, Autumn, No. 43, 25–35.
- Bandara, D., (2021). Determining optimal locations of distribution centers to minimize transportation costs. International Journal of Supply Chain and Inventory Management, 4(1) 42-58. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJSCIM.2021.114740
- Beamon, B.M., (2005), Environmental and sustainability ethics in supply chain management, Science and Engineering Ethics, 11(2) 221-234. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11948-005-0043-y
- Benrqya, Y., Jabboun, I., (2021). Performance evaluation of European grocery retailers: a financial statement analysis, International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalisation, 9(1) 24-39. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJLEG.2021.10039482
- Burns, R.P. & Burns, R., (2008) Business research methods & statistics using SPSS. SAGE Publications, UK.
- Carter, C.R., Jennings, M.M. (2004), The role of purchasing in corporate social responsibility: A structural equation analysis, Journal of Business Logistics, 25(1), 145-186. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2158-1592.2004.tb00173.x
- Carter, C.R., (2000), Ethical issues in international buyer-supplier relationships: A dyadic examination, Journal of Operations Management, 18(2) 191-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-6963(99)00016-9
- Cooper, R.W., Frank, G.L., Kemp, R.A., (1997), The ethical environment facing the profession of purchasing and materials management, International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, 33(2) 2-13. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.1997.tb00286.x
- Derwik, P., Hellstrom, D., (2021), How supply chain professionals learn at work: an investigation of learning mechanisms, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 51(7) 738-763. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPDLM-11-2019-0335
- Elango, B., Paul, K., Kundu S.K., Paudel, S.K., (2010), Organizational ethics, individual ethics, and ethical intentions in international decision-making, Journal of Business Ethics, 97(4) 543-561. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-010-0524-z
- Eltantawy, R.A., G.L. Fox and L. Giunipero, (2009), Supply management ethical responsibility: Reputation and performance impacts, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 14(2), 99-108. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540910941966
- Feng, X., (2021), Economic and Ecological Optimization of the London Urban Logistics System Considering Infection Risk during Pandemic Periods, International Journal of Supply and Operations Management, 8(2) 114-133. http://dx.doi.org/10.22034/ijsom.2021.2.2
- Flech, R.I., (1985), Standards of conduct: the key to supplier relations, Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, 21(3) 16-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.1985.tb00137.x
- Giunipero, L., Handfield, R.B., (2004), Purchasing Education and Training II, CAPS Research, Tempe, AZ.
- Hall, J., Matos, S., (2010), Incorporating impoverished communities in sustainable supply chains, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 40(1/2), 124-147. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600031011020368
- Hoyt, J., Huq, F., (2000), From arms-length to collaborative relationships in the supply chain: An evolutionary process, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 30(9), 750-764. https://doi.org/10.1108/09600030010351453
- Jermsittiparsert, K., Srihirun, W., (2019), Role of Ethics in Supply Chain Management: Culture as Moderator, Humanities & Social Sciences Reviews, 7(3) 736-743. https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2019.73105
- Keating, B., (2009), Managing ethics in the tourism supply chain: The case of Chinese travel to Australia, International Journal of Tourism Research, 11(4), 403-408. https://doi.org/10.1002/jtr.706
- Matto, M.C., Ame, A.M., Nsimbila, P.M., (2021). Tender process and value for money in Tanzania public procurement, International Journal of Logistics Economics and Globalisation, 9(1), 1-23. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJLEG.2021.116218
- Murray, J.E., (2003), When you get what you bargained for – but don’t, Purchasing, 32(4) 26-27.
- Olowa, O.W., (2018), Determinants of rural residential solid waste collection services in lagos state, International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Policy, 7(1) 1-7. https://doi.org/10.18488/journal.26.2018.71.1.7
- Oluwafisoye, O., Akande, O., (2013), Business ethics and corporate social responsibility. The Perception of Employees on Business Ethics in an Organization.
- Önder, M., (2018). Contribution of plays and toys to children's value education, Asian Journal of Education and Training, 4(2), 146-149. https://doi.org/10.20448/journal.522.2018.42.146.149
- Onyango, J.P., (2012), Role of ethics in supply chain management of oil marketing firms in Kenya, Project Research Presented to the University of Nairobi, School of Business, Nairobi.
- Ouedraogo, F., (2021), Collective beliefs and representations on the effects of rice price and subsidy policies in Burkina Faso. African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, 8(3) 209-229. https://doi.org/10.1504/AJESD.2021.116642
- Pretious, M., Love, M., (2006), Sourcing ethics and the global market: the case of the UK retail clothing sector, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 34(12) 892–903. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590550610714620
- Smith, A., Hume, E.C., (2005), Linking culture and ethics: A comparison of accountants' ethical belief systems in the individualism/collectivism and power distance contexts, Journal of Business Ethics, 62(3) 209-220. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-005-4773-1
- Svensson, G. and H. Bååth, (2008), Supply chain management ethics: Conceptual framework and illustration. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, 13(6) 398-405. https://doi.org/10.1108/13598540810905651
- Teseletso, L.S., Adachi, T., (2021), Strategic planning of coal assets for electricity production: a case of Botswana. African Journal of Economic and Sustainable Development, 8(3) 185-208. https://doi.org/10.1504/AJESD.2021.116630
- Turner, G.B., Taylor, G.S. Hartley, M.F., (1994), Ethics policies and gratuity acceptance by purchasers, International Journal of Purchasing and Materials Management, 30(3) 43-7. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-493X.1994.tb00196.x
- Yusuf, Y., Hawkins, A., Musa, A., El-Berishy, N., Schulze, M. and Abubakar, T., (2014), ‘Ethical supply chains: analysis, practices and performance measures’, International Journal of Logistics Systems and Management, 17(4), 472–497. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJLSM.2014.061016
- Zadek, S. (1998) Balancing performance, ethics, and accountability, Journal of Business Ethics, 17(13) 1421–1442. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006095614267